Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
(2 Days / 1 Night)
From US$ 520.00
Best Price Guaranteed - Quality Guaranteed
Local tour operator Cusco - Peru
We have taken care of all the details so you don't have to
We pick you up from your hotel, hostel or airbnb
Get a great discount adding it to your package
Speak with a Travel Designer:
Overview & Highlights
If you want to do the great Inca Trail in less time than usual, Inca Machu Picchu Tours gives you the option of being able to do it in only 2 days and 1 night, our tour starts when we go to kilometer 104, once we are there we will start Our magnificent adventure of short Inca Trail our first objective is the complex of Wiñahuayna where our guide will illustrate us with the history of this complex, then we will walk towards the door of the sun or Inti Punku, then we will descend by stairs for 40 minutes, where we will continue contemplating The wonder of the Peruvian Andes, then we will take the Bus to spend the rest of the day and spend the night in Aguas Calientes the very next day we head for the citadel of Machu Picchu.
Overview of Our Tour short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu in 2 days – 1 night.
Day 1: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Winaywayna.
- 06:00 – 07:30 Transfer: Hotel – Ollantaytambo train station.
- 07:45 – 09:00 Train: Ollantaytambo – Km 104 (beginning of the Inca Trail). Visit to the archaeological group of Chachabamba (2150m). Visit to the archaeological group of Wiñaywayna (2650m) Walk to the Intipunku – Puerta del Sol.
- 15:20 – 16:00 Panoramic view of the Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu.
- 16:00 – 16:30 Bus to the town of Aguas Calientes. Free time to visit the thermal baths, the market, the museum, etc. Night at the hotel of your choice.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.
- 06:00 – 06:30 Transfer: Hotel – bus station – Machu Picchu (up).
- 07:00 – 10:00 Guided Tour of Machu Picchu – Wonder of the World. Free time to continue exploring, taking the best photos, having lunch, visiting the market or museum, etc.
- 18:30 – 20:20 Train journey back to Ollantaytambo.
- 20:30 – 22:30 Tourist bus trip back to the city of Cusco.
You'll see on Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - Photo Gallery:
Day 1: Cusco – Valle Sagrado – Aguas Calientes.
We start the tour with pick up from your hotel at 06:00 hrs; We will take a bus to Ollantaytambo train station. Then we will board the train that will take us to km 104. This will be the starting point of the short Inca Trail.
We start out trek uphill for an average of 4 hours until we reach the archaeological site of Wiñay Wayna (Forever young) where we will enjoy our box lunch (lunch on the way); We will have some free time to rest and enjoy the wonderful landscape. After a well-deserved rest, we continue with the walk, we go to the place called Inti Punku or Sun gate, where We will enjoy a panoramic and spectacular view of one of the 7 Wonders of the Modern World, on this day we will only pass by its surroundings As we will have to get off by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes where we will dine and spend the night in the hotel of your choice. Overnight at the hotel of your choice in Aguas Calientes.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Cusco.
On the last day of the short inca trail we start very early, at 4:30 am, in order to start our trek to the Citadel of Machu Picchu to see the sunrise at the top of it. This stretch will take us close to one hour and 45 minutes to reach the top.
After enjoying this magical moment our guide will give you a guided tour of approx. 2 hours, to inform us about the rich history of the ancient ruins that surrounds us. After the guided tour, you will have free time to explore the citadel on your own, where you can choose the Huayna Picchu viewpoint or Machu Picchu mountain (both places must be booked in advance and also have an extra cost).
The round-trip to Huayna Picchu is walking and takes about an hour and a half and of course it is worth make it by the magnificent view from the top. All the Citadel closed its doors at 5:30 pm moment which must return to Aguas Calientes and take the train back to Ollantaytambo and then by bus to Cusco. There is also the option of staying an extra night in Aguas Calientes, allowing you more time in Machu Picchu.
- Complimentary transfers in Cusco: Airport – Hotel – Airport
- Professional tour guide in English or Spanish.
- The tour starts and ends at your hotel in Cusco.
- Travel by train: Ollantaytambo – Km 104.
- Travel by train: Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Bus Transfers (Up and Down – Day 2): Aguas Calientes – MachuPicchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Travel in Van: Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Cusco.
- Entrance tickets for the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu.
- 01 night hotel in Aguas Calientes.
- Food (1 D = Breakfast, 1 A = Lunch (box lunch), 1 C = Dinner).
- Oxygen bottle, first aid kit.
The short Inca Trail 2D/1N Tour Not Included:
- International or domestic flights.
- Tips, or additional expenses.
- Walking sticks.
Prices & Availability
Short Inca Trail to Machu Picchu cost: based on the train and guide service (Group Service or Private Service) you will select, we have several options to suit your needs. The price is per person, ask for our groups discounts or last minute booking special offers. Any doubt about prices, tours, destinations? Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, call us or write a message I will be happy to help you: Mobile – WhatsApp: +51 996 626 858 – Mobile – WhatsApp: +51 984 449809
|SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2 DAYS - GROUP SERVICE TOUR|
Short Inca Trail 2D/1N
|US$ 520.00||Book Now|
|Group Service – maximum number of people 10|
|SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2 DAYS - PRIVATE SERVICE|
Short Inca Trail 2D/1N
|US$ 587.00||Book Now|
|SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2 DAYS - LUXURY SERVICE|
Short Inca Trail 2D/1N
Reviews by Tripadvisor Travelers
Siebrand, Feb 2020
Very personal experience and well worth the money, the day before Yang our travel assistant came our hotel to give us a briefing and recommendations to make rainbow mountai tour and answered all our questions, the altitude is no joke though so definitely drink a lot of water or some pills prior to the trip. Our guides Carlos, Marta and driver Pedro were all brilliant. At all times they were helpful knowledgeable and made the experience memorable. HIGHLY recommend! these guys for your adventure in cusco. Siebrand Family.
Adventure22800695542, Jan 2020
The service was great! The driver and guide were very attentive to every detail and making sure we were breathing ok since this is such an intensive hike! It was all worth it!!!